Monday 5 April 2010

Update.. Easter Time!

Its the Easter holidays at the moment so I have returned home for a month. I decided to give myself a little break from editing footage, although I will be starting to work on this again this week. Over the past two weeks I have been designing my creative CV which I hope to be able to upload over the next few days. I have gone for quite a graphic look, similar to some of the work I have been producing for the US+THEM visuals.

I have also been thinking a lot about my innovation project which we were set the brief of just before the easter break. I want to try and tie the work in to my major project, so have decided to look at drug culture within clubbing and the visuals from the 60's and 80's when the rave was really big. If we think about the 60's, most people think about the psychadelic fashion, prints and visuals. During the 80's, people really began to express themselves with differet fashions, but when it came to clubbing neon colours and paints, ra ra skirts and fishnets were the way forward. I want to make at least one visual that could be projected in a nightclub that would sum up the fashion and trends surrounding drug use in the noughties. This will be innovational for me as I plan to use Particular, a plug in for adobe after effects, which I have never used before. I have always wanted to learn more about special effects and computer graphics, but have not pushed myself to learn so this is my opportunity. The noughties have been more glitz and glam, people make effeort to look beautiful when heading for a night out, so I am thinking along the lines of animating glitter effects as a visual.

I will continue my research over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment